Long time no see. Had some tries in game dev since then. With two friends we participated in Ludum Dare October Challange but failed unfortunately.
We had an ambitious goal, altough we aimed the minimum, it was ambitious compared to our experience. Unity and Blender were our main tools but we had minimal experience in bith. In the first two weeks we still experimented with the techniques what were necessary for the game. Then exams came and the whole thing fell apart.
Altough we failed, I enjoyed working together with my friends. Every week we spoke about what did we do and what is left. Trello was used to track the tasks and the project itself and it worked pretty well.
If I can once again pull together the team I would do a lot of things different. We would use tools that we really know and used with success before. And since we are not that experienced developers I would force a more easier goal.
These are well known pitfalls in game jams but we managed to fall into them.
October also has passed long ago and since then I started to develop a pacman and dungeon crawler hybrid using the oryx tileset. The idea is not too original but my main goal is to train myself. As you might suggest my next posts will be about that little game and the problems that arise during its development.